Thursday, April 14, 2011

From Whence I Came

A couple of entries back I introduced myself as a transplant to the Dallas area. To add a little to the story, I suppose I should share from whence I came. As a girl my roots were first planted in the hills of North Arkansas (which we'll visit sometime as well). After marriage, schooling, work and so forth, I settled in Central Arkansas just outside of Little Rock in a charming cottage I lovingly dubbed Lil' Haven.


With many reservations and concerns about caring for the place on my own, I bought the house after a divorce. Having no idea what to expect initially, it turned out that within a couple of years I transformed the place into a lovely little retreat.



The area is just outside of farming country, river bottoms is what they called it. A nearby farm provided a fall harvest that remains unsurpassed by any I've ever seen. Schaefer's Farm provided a spectacular fare of pumpkins, straw bales, corn stalks and a plethora of exotic gourds and squash for autumn decorating.


But after years of solitude and bliss, that restless desire to move on, to begin a new adventure, took hold. Lil' Haven and I parted ways and I headed west into the sunset.

3 comments:

  1. Well, welcome to Texas! I hope you find a lil' heaven here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good way to look at your move. New adventure. I absolutely love the fall setting you had. Am your new follower, come on by mine and we'll keep up with each other.
    Cher
    Goldenray Yorkies

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a little scary at first to step out but sometimes change is a good thing. You should be proud of yourself and what you have accomplished. Wow, I love the hibiscus.

    ReplyDelete