Saturday, September 17, 2011

Could it be?

Is it really, finally, autumn in North Texas? We are beginning to see cooler temps and shorter days.

I love this change of season, maybe even a little more than the transition from winter to spring. Shorter days are welcome and remind me that there is less to do now, time to slow down. At the same time, cooler temps jump start my energy level and suddenly there's a new found interest in the depleted gardens.

I was so excited to find chrysanthemums and pansies on sale at Calloways yesterday. I had the perfect planter at home waiting for them, another recent steal of a deal that I got for 75% off.

I added a yellow chrysanthemum, a sprig of the already established lime green sweet potato vine, and a wisp of deep purple wandering Jew.

A few pansies added even more color, and a Spanish dagger provided texture.

Weather permitting, the plants will fill in a little and add a nice splash of color to welcome the new season.

3 comments:

  1. That really looks pretty together. Nice choices for combination.
    Cher Sunray Gardens

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty! Love the little burgundy pansies with those yellow chrysanthemums. I have not been in the mood to get out much, but that 75% off makes me think I need to go check out the garden center sales!

    ReplyDelete
  3. StoB, it's feeling different down here in South Central Texas, too! We had some nice rain showers 3 days in a row ... I'm a very happy gardener! Give Phoebe & Toby cuddles from a fellow Yorkie lover.

    ReplyDelete