Saturday, September 24, 2011

Purple Haze

Saturday morning began with a lot of dew and a foggy purple haze. Autumn is in the air.

 
Is there anything more beautiful than heavy droplets of dew glistening in morning light?

Flower-Gathering

I left you in the morning,
And in the morning glow,
You walked a way beside me
To make me sad to go.


....Robert Frost

The meager autumn plantings are coming in nicely.


After a recent rain shower the purple sage burst into bloom.

The showers also encouraged a mass of blooms from the Montezuma rose.

7 comments:

  1. You have some lovely blooms going on this late. I can definitely see the purple haze too.
    Cher Sunray Gardens

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cher, Summer lasts a little longer here in N Texas than in most of the country. We'll have another month, or more, of really nice weather before it frosts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Purple Sage and the richly colored pansies with the yellow mums. It's a relief to have fall here isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That second picture is beautiful. Your rose looks very happy. I'm so enjoying the cooler weather. And I know the plants are breathing a sigh of relief, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Holly. The roses are doing awesome now that we've slipped below that 100°+ curse.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just noticed that Cornelius/Calloway's is advertising pansies for sale. I think I'll pass. It's still too soon for them here in the greater Houston area.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cindy, My pansies aren't doing very well. They are shaded about 1/2 the day but anytime the temp is over 80° they struggle. Hopefully, now that October is here, the temps will drop a few more degrees.

    ReplyDelete